- Renovated farmhouse dating from the 19th Century
- Most of the rooms have been sympathetically renovated but two rooms are left to do
- Terracotta tiled floors, exposed beams, stone walls, fascinating staircase and bread oven
- 3 bedrooms in house with kitchen, sitting room and dining room
- South facing terrace and garden
- 50m2 of outbuildings, pigsty and hen house.
- 10m x 4m pool set in 1.3 ha c.(3.2 acres)
- Mature trees and many recently planted trees in the grounds
- Located on the borders of the Madiran wine region near Riscle and Viella
- Price reduced in September 2018 to 317,500 euros including agency fees
Description and location
This 19th Century house is situated on a little country road just 5 km from a town with good facilities. It has been recently renovated keeping the integrity of the house whilst also replacing the wiring, plumbing, kitchen and the septic tank conforms to current regulations. Terracotta tiles, exposed beams and stone walls, authentic bread oven, fantastic staircase and chimney all enhance the character of this house. Outside, there is approximately 50m2 of outbuildings with a pigsty and hen houses.
The house accommodation
Entrance hall with the unusual and fine staircase, dinng room with fireplace and woodburner (32m2), living room of the same size, good sized kitchen (25m2) with units on two sides and space for a family table and this gives access to the dining terrace and the garden. Bathroom, WC and utility room completes the ground floor accommodation. On the first floor, there is a landing with 3 bedrooms, bathroom and dormitory area (50m2) with lots of potential.
At the back of the house, there is a large (76m2) workshop and garage with double doors and a gravelled drive to it. To the side of the workshop, are the outbuildngs (50m2) with pigsty, stores and chicken house. The gardens run down to the driveway up to the house and are landscaped with a number of mature and recently planted trees. Within this area, is the 10m x 4m pool and most of the grounds are fenced. Reduced Guide price 317,500 euros including agency fees but excluding Notary costs and charges. Taxe Fonciere 2250 euros pa September 2018
Property Ref: F990-285PH